April Fools

The girls are all a twitter about April Fool's Day. They can't manage to keep anything secret and have already switched the jackets of the books we are reading for other books and rigged a clock. They have big plans for school as well--they are planning to sneak into each other's classrooms for role call and who knows what else.

Of course, N and I have enjoyed our share of fooling them such as....

Putting a baggy of dog food in Hels' lunch when she was in 2nd grade. She ate a piece.

Going for a Sunday drive only to have the car start to jerk and shake ....and run out of gas. The girls and I began hiking down a dirt road to find a telephone when N came driving by, hooting the horn, and saying "April Fools." It was so good.

Now I'm hearing from the mudroom.... "Lou! Get me one of Mom's boots." Guess I'd better proceed with caution in the morning.

Do you have a fun family April Fools story?

dawn klinge  – (March 31, 2008 at 9:15 PM)  

My daughter is planning a lot of tricks tomorrow. You have some fun April Fools stories. I can't think of any from my family right now.

Lisa Anne  – (March 31, 2008 at 10:44 PM)  

I hard boiled some eggs and put them back in the carton, Jerome usually has poached eggs in the morning-when he goes to crack them-HA! Poisson d'Avril!

Once my daughter, sweet and innocent as she is, woke up when she was 7 y.o. before everyone else and taped the sink spouts so they squirt us when we went to brush our teeth and put a baggy full of water on Je's chair so when he sat down it was like a wet Whoopee! cushion. We were so surprised because she really is so sweet! I taped a large paper fish on her back that day and she didn't notice until morning circle when someone told her.

Tomorrow, I am getting up early and putting ice cubes in her boots! She will be surprised because she is always the first one out to do chores, she will never suspect a thing, MwaaaHaaHaa!

Lisa  – (April 1, 2008 at 6:18 AM)  

Wow you all sound like you have a great time! Yes proceed with caution in the morning!

Anonymous –   – (April 1, 2008 at 11:08 AM)  

Call me a spoil sport, but I have always disliked April Fool's Day. I guess I've always been a bit shy and so having people laugh at me, even family, was just too painful. Maybe with these two silly kids of mine I'll try to get over it :)

Tara  – (April 1, 2008 at 12:26 PM)  

I hope you all survive the day relatively unscathed!
We've never been big on April Fool's Day, probably because I was very sensitive when I was a kid and any type of teasing reduced me to tears. Tess was pretty sensitive as well and often took comments said in good fun to heart. I never wanted her to feel bad so we didn't go there.

Anonymous –   – (April 2, 2008 at 7:32 AM)  

Went to brush my teeth last night and someone had filled the toothpaste tube with peanut butter!

Cadi  – (April 3, 2008 at 11:26 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cadi  – (April 3, 2008 at 11:28 PM)  

Okay, trying again...
Two years ago my children called my sister. They told her I was not at home, and that there was a problem in the bathroom... this horrible flood... the water already flowing down the stairs where the *mean* landlords lived..." Well, before they could say "April Fools," my sister had hung up the phone & was on her way to our house... When she arrived, we stood at the top of the stairs laughing. The children still talk about it! :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP