Guess where we are...















We are in Washington, DC. I've been at the National Archives gathering primary sources for some classes I'm teaching. The kids have been hanging out with friends at the museums.

Tomorrow we all go to Mount Vernon, home of George Washington, after which I'm taking H to Evensong at Washington Cathedral. We popped into the cathedral Tuesday afternoon and it just took her breath away. She wants to go back, so I figured what better way to see a Cathedral than to actually attend a service. She's had to draw several cathedrals for French class and her chorus teacher keeps asking them to imagine singing in a cathedral when they sing a particular song. It's an instance of perfect timing--Lou appreciated the building, but H soaked it all in.

It's been chilly, but warmer than Vermont. Of course, there's a wintry mix coming in tonight. I swear, I'm haunted by these storms this year.

Jennifer  – (February 21, 2008 at 8:12 AM)  

How fun to be in DC! We lived there for eight months before moving to Austin last summer. If the weather gets cold, don't miss the botanical gardens, right to the right of the capitol building fountains (facing the capitol from the Mall). We loved going there on a cold day and warming up in the orchid room!
It's a wonderful zoo, as well. Oh, and all the museums. Ah, we loved being in that historical place!

Tara  – (February 21, 2008 at 9:25 AM)  

Sounds like you are having a great time! Enjoy the rest of your trip and best wishes for a safe trip home. I hope the wrath of the wintery mix isn't too bad.

dawn klinge  – (February 21, 2008 at 9:46 AM)  

What a great place to be! I've always wanted to go to Washington D.C. Your kids are probably learning so much right now. Have fun!

Anonymous –   – (February 21, 2008 at 12:07 PM)  

How fun! We dashed through DC back in the fall, but I would love to see Mt. Vernon. Maybe when my kids are a big bigger.

Lisa Anne  – (February 21, 2008 at 3:50 PM)  

Learning happens where ever you go. I am amazed how we can tie our real life experiences with whatever we are learning in "school" even its a day trip into NYC to see Marthe Stewart. Somehow I think your trip was a bit more educational than ours though. Safe journey home:)

TaraGL  – (February 21, 2008 at 4:41 PM)  

We're heading from VT to DC next week too. (I'm looking forward to the White House.) Enjoy the rest of your trip!

queen of the castle  – (February 21, 2008 at 6:10 PM)  

D.C. - one of my favorite places! I've been there twice for inaugural parades and back again for a summer as an intern at the Kennedy Center. Have a great time!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP