Going on a Trip?




Nope. Just heading off to school:







Lunches
Violins
Hats
Gloves
Snowpants
Fleeces
Neckwarmers
Homework
Skis
Ski Poles
Ski Boots
Ski Snack
Ski Cocoa Money

I finished work around 2:00 and headed over to the ski hill to join the girls. It was about the best skiing I've ever seen. They were so thrilled that I joined them as I usually work on ski afternoons. Lou waved away her friends and rode up with me every time. At one point, as we were riding up, she gave me this treat:

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods an frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.


It's not often that you have Robert Frost recited to you while heading up a ski lift on a beautiful wintery day! It was just one of those perfect afternoons on the slopes with my girls.

dawn klinge  – (February 28, 2008 at 8:05 PM)  

I love that poem. What sweet girls you have. I'm so impressed with everything you mention about their school(memorizing Robert Frost poems, skiing, violin lessons), it just sounds so wonderful.

Anonymous –   – (February 28, 2008 at 10:38 PM)  

So sweet when they recite...I was treated today to my 4 yo daughter "reading" The Sun Egg and A Fairy Went A-Marketing to me. I know she's going to pick up poetry really well too.

All our lovely snow (OK, only about 8 inches, but that's a lot around here!) is now just half-melted and crusty with ice...but I'm glad you guys had a nice ski day!

Jennifer  – (February 29, 2008 at 8:46 AM)  

Oh, how lovely! We are still in a strange spring moment here in Texas February, and the site of such snow, and the reminder of my dear days enjoying Frost at Breadloaf are welcome!

World Wide Alternative  – (February 29, 2008 at 8:20 PM)  

Wonderful.
What I enjoyed most was the inclusion of the violins...Xxx

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP