Snowy Road Adventures

We've had another snow storm and ANOTHER day off from school. The neighborhood kids joined into a pack and had a sledding party on the road. Sledding on the road always makes the adventure all the more deliciously scary. They slid down the road to our house after chicken soup uphill. They then piled into our house for cocoa and then slid down the road to watch a movie at the next house. N hauled them all back uphill at the end of the afternoon in the bucket of his tractor.

N and I made the not so smart decision to get a pizza for dinner. We thought for sure the road would be passable, so I headed out. Not far down the road I encountered a pick-up pulled to the side. I slowly made my way around him only to see lots of lights at the bottom of the hill. Just about EVERY neighbor coming home from work was stuck. I began to slide so turned into the snowbank to avoid my neighbor's car, hit the snowbank, and gently glided/flew around backwards heading back up hill....where I guess I needed to go anyway. Luckily, there was a tractor with chains slowly pulling everyone home and I arrived back where I started about 15 minutes later. Oh well, no pizza.

dawn klinge  – (January 15, 2008 at 10:29 AM)  

I've been reading about this storm your having- it sounds like something out of "The Long Winter"! I've always wanted to experience something like that. Hope you have lots of food stocked up. :)

ellen  – (January 16, 2008 at 7:36 PM)  

I am glad that you are all right and survived your slippery slope of adventure. I do love reading about your life and family.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP