Teacher Gifts

The other night at dinner I exclaimed, "Guess what? I've got the perfect teacher gift idea!" Everyone was very excited to hear about it until I said, "Well, take a mason jar, fill it with water, put in cranberries, greens from the Christmas tree, and a floating candle. Screw on the top. Done. Floating candle."

This was met with MAJOR GROANS as the girls have made them for EVERY teacher at our school. While the teachers actually liked getting these gifts that the girls could make themselves, the girls have outgrown this gift.

Helen became inspired to make shortbread for all her teachers today. What a great accomplishment:

Main lesson teacher--check
German teacher--check
French teacher--check
PE teacher--check
Orchestra teacher--check
Chorus teacher--check
Handwork teacher--check
Violin instructor--check



All I had to do was turn them out of the pans for her. The best part of all.

I need to go write it down in my Christmas journal along with the amount of flour used. I keep a runny tally of flour, powdered sugar, etc each year so I have an idea of how much in the way of baking staples I need to lay in.

Actually, in retrospect, I may have a tiny bit more to do to help.....

dawn klinge  – (December 17, 2007 at 8:23 PM)  

What a sweet girl to make such pretty shortbread for her teachers. I'm also impressed with all the different subjects/teachers they have. It sounds like they go to a wonderful school.

Anonymous –   – (December 17, 2007 at 10:54 PM)  

I love your blog site, and these ideas are fantastic. I am itching to read verse 3 and 4 of your advent poem... are they coming?

Tara  – (December 18, 2007 at 9:29 AM)  

Yum! Those look beautiful. I can't imagine any teacher who wouldn't want to stop class and cozy up with a cup of tea and bit of shortbread right away. Of course that would mean sharing...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP