Christmas Meme

I've been tagged for the first time by Tracy at Pinewood Castle.

Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both but we're moving towards cloth bags.

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Real--we cut it at a local tree-farm.

3. When do you put Christmas tree up? The third weekend of Advent--after N's birthday.

4. When do you take the tree down? On 12th night. Sometimes we have a "burning of the greens", sometimes we stick it in the snow and add animal food.

5. Like egg nog? Yes, but not a lot of it.

6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, two--one is a felt yurt with figures in traditional costumes from Kazakhstan


7. Favorite gift received as a child? a music box that played "Raindrops keep fallin' on my head."

8. Hardest person to buy for? This year it was E --she's in between enjoying toys and enjoying clothes, etc.

9. Easiest person to buy for? I always have lots of ideas for my hubbie.

11. Mail or email Christmas Cards? Christmas letters We write ours during Christmas week when we have a bit more time.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? "A Christmas Carol"

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I keep my eye out all year long--then I lose things.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? YUP

15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Lobster casserole, chocolate, spice cookies

16. Clear or colored tree lights? Clear although I'd like to do a colored tree outside.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? "The Holly and the Ivy"

18. Do you prefer to travel during Christmas or Stay home? Stay home!

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? Rudolph's or Clement Moore's? I can do Rudolph's.

20. Angel or Star on Tree top? We have an owl.

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Homemade gifts on Christmas Eve. Other gifts on Christmas morning. Stockings before breakfast. Gifts after breakfast.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Receiving after-Christmas sale flyers on Christmas Eve.

23. Do you attend Christmas Eve services? No

24. What's on YOUR list this year? A Christmas Smoker. And I got one!! It's from my new favorite online toy store: Wooden Wagon Toys.



There's still time left--let me know if you feel inspired to join in!

Suzanne  – (December 29, 2007 at 11:12 AM)  

What a wonderful nativity! And that Christmas smoker is beautiful, what craftmanship. Glad your holidays were joyous after your airport fiasco:-)

dawn klinge  – (December 29, 2007 at 11:20 AM)  

I love to hear about other people's traditions. Thanks for sharing- sounds like you've got some fun ones.

Tara  – (December 29, 2007 at 2:18 PM)  

Now I know where I can get replacement cones for my three little smokers given to us by our exchange student. We've been using them very sparingly because I had no clue where to find more. Thanks!

Anonymous –   – (December 29, 2007 at 2:57 PM)  

I love that you put an owl at the top of your tree! Very creative ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP