One-Yard Wonders

Lou picked up this book when we were out enjoying a book store a few weeks ago. She was very inspired by all the cool things to sew with just one yard of cloth. Lou decided to try the Hands-Free Belt Bag for her first project.


She choose a red silk scrap from the stash which, in retrospect, was not the best choice as it was difficult to iron and sew.

It has these cool belt loops on the back,

2 pockets on the front, and a zipper on the top.

I quickly realized that just because the project didn't take a lot of fabric didn't mean it was easy for a 10 year old. This was definitely a joint project :) I did a lot of pinning and then she sewed. It's now up in her room full of all her "cool stuff."

Susan  – (January 25, 2010 at 7:20 PM)  

Ooooo! This book looks like fun! I will have to look for this one for Amy. Lou did a really fine job on her belt bag, too. I can't wait to see what else she makes from the book. (And, I still need my mom's help with sewing projects from time to time :-)

Nicole Vangen  – (January 26, 2010 at 1:42 PM)  

Impressive - I could definitely use one of those bags - beautiful and practical.

julie  – (January 27, 2010 at 9:31 AM)  

sounds like a great book, and what a neat job she made of the project. Always good to try something challenging from time to time - I think it's as important to learn to challenge oneself and to learn to know when and how to ask for help as to be able to complete a project independently. After all, as adults, how many of us struggle to admit when we need a helping hand ? I know I do for sure!

Angela  – (January 29, 2010 at 8:09 AM)  

We have this book. I too found the projects need to be "joint" efforts. Beautiful result!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP