New Years Eve

We had a very quiet New Years Eve. The flu has been at our house all week, forcing us to just stop and rest--not a bad thing in some ways. We decided to have a family movie night and a late dinner.  After watching the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel we pulled out the raclette.


My Mother-in-Law gave me this raclette for my birthday and this was only the second time we have used it. We pre-grilled a small steak, lightly boiled some potatoes, and chopped tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms. We also had some shrimp, canadian bacon, pineapple, some leftover baked apples, and a baguette. Cheeses included shredded cheddar and a swiss.

What I like so much about the raclette is that we sat and visited for a very long time over our food. I pulled out my Christmas journal and read through the predictions we had made last year for 2012 and then we all made predictions for 2013. They included everything from whether we'd go over the fiscal cliff, to whether or not all our old cars would survive the year, to what building projects we would get done. Chickens? a Writing Cabin? It's so fun to dream!


I have been keeping my Christmas journal for ten years now. It is just full of traditions, friendships, family visits, dreams, wishes, and prayers. I treasure it.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte  – (February 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM)  

Keep it in a very safe place that journal. You might even make copies as gifts for each girl some time in their future.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP