The Longest Day

The longest day brought really hot weather. I worked. The girls sank into reading. Helen is re-reading A Discovery of Witches before the sequel comes out. Both of us are looking forward to it. We hung out on the porch. Both Nelson and Helen are teaching themselves guitar.


Liz and I made an orange cake to celebrate the hot sun. 
I'm not sure why we baked in 95 degree weather, but there you have it.
I made this table runner. I thought the cloth had a slight sun connection!
Helen did her traditional summer solstice table arrangement with ferns.


 We looked through this book and thought about trying to "talk" to fireflies, but we were too hot!
There are a lot of fun activities in this book. I recommend it.



Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP