February brought....

...a very, very busy month. 

After a stressful week in Florida, Nelson joined me for a second week to obsessively watch his Dad's ventilator, waiting and praying for him to recover enough to breath on his own.  He's getting there....off the ventilator, but still with a tracheotomy and feeding tube.


Meanwhile, life went on.
Helen and friends shot a movie in a cool old warehouse.


My brother and his wife came to stay with the girls
Fun times--she brought chocolate from where she works.


Nelson chopped a lot of wood



and took lots of long walks--great stress relievers.
One day while I was at the hospital he texted me this photo from a walk.


My paperwhites bloomed while I was gone and Helen mailed me a sweet photo.
It made me realize how long I was gone. 


We got home in time for Valentines Day.

And Lizzie's 13th birthday!


Her birthday was 2 weeks ago--she is just getting to celebrate with friends this weekend!

And, just one week after being home for Valentines and Birthday...off to Washington, DC, I went with the girls.  This was partially a trip for work and long planned.


We took the train and the slow travel was a good thing for me.

March came in like a lion, bringing some good snow, but I honestly hope it goes out like a lamb. 
We need things to calm down!



Anonymous –   – (March 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM)  

I have been continuing to keep you all in my thoughts, and hoping that things were settling down a bit. Will continue to hold your inlaws in my thoughts, and hope that progress continues to give everyone the hope that brings the strength to get through difficult times! And I LOVE train travel.. wish our country had better train service!

queen of the castle  – (March 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM)  

Good to see you posting again. Funny - I just ordered four Taza chocolate bars for the Sundays of Lent. Still praying for your in-laws.

Anonymous –   – (March 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM)  

I hope it all settles down for you soon. sending you love and blessings :-)

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte  – (May 1, 2012 at 5:48 AM)  

It's May today. Easter came and went. I sure hope things are improving at your end. 2012 didn't start well with that terrible accident but it must be a relief to know the girls are able to cope.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP