The Accident

Last week we received the shocking news that Nelson's parents had been in a massive car accident. Dory had a broken rib and massive skin abrasions, requiring a skin graft. After 5 days in the hospital, she has come home and is receiving good care from a home nurse, Nelson, and his sister.


Wes had a torn aortic valve, lost his spleen, broke all the ribs on one side, punctured a lung, and broke his leg. He is in intensive care on a ventilator. He has slowly stabilized, but as this has happened more injuries have become apparent including a cracked vertebrae and a possible skull fracture.

Needless to say this has been an agonizing week. We have set up a Caring Bridge website which has been a huge help in connecting to the many friends and family who want to be in touch.

You can also find me and further updates on Facebook.

sarah  – (January 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM)  

Oh gosh, I am so very sorry to read this. I pray he will recover fully, and that your family will have strength and encouragement through the process. xx

Sue  – (January 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM)  

This is very sad news! What a shock for your family; I am so sorry. I will keep your family in my prayers during this difficult time.

queen of the castle  – (January 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM)  

What news! I have an aunt and uncle who were in a car accident several years ago. My aunt recovered, but my uncle was left with permanent disabilities. We will pray for a better outcome for your FIL.

kristin  – (January 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM)  

oh no! keeping you all in my prayers. xx

Francesca  – (January 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM)  

Oh, I am so sorry for your in laws! I hope that little by little things will improve and they may return to a decent quality of life....I'll keep them in my prayers...

J.G.  – (January 16, 2012 at 6:49 AM)  

I'm so sorry, Sarah. Sending thoughts and prayers for Dory and Wes, and everyone involved in helping them through this.

ellen  – (January 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM)  

Thinking of all of you. What awful news to receive. Sending prayers for healing, ellen.

Dawn  – (January 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM)  

I've been thinking of you often, and keeping your family in my prayers. I'm so sorry for this difficult time that you're going through.

Penny  – (January 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM)  

Joining the other in hoping for a full and complete recovery, Sarah.

Nan  – (January 17, 2012 at 3:04 PM)  

It is so scary how life can change in a minute. I hope they both recover completely.

erins  – (January 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM)  

Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Marianna  – (January 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM)  

You and your family are in my prayers.

Mary Beth  – (January 25, 2012 at 12:03 AM)  

I am so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers.

Kristin Nicholas  – (February 2, 2012 at 10:22 PM)  

Our prayers and positive thoughts and energy are with you. OXXO Kristin, Mark & Julia

Kristin Nicholas  – (February 2, 2012 at 10:22 PM)  

Our prayers and positive thoughts and energy are with you. OXXO Kristin, Mark & Julia

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP