Light the Advent Candle Two

Our Advent Sunday afternoons are turning into simple family moments this season. This Sunday, while Nels took the girls off for a bit of Christmas craft supply shopping, I did a thorough clean and made some thumb cookies--our current favorite Christmas cookie. After everyone got home, we pulled down the Christmas decorations and books from the attic, built a fire, unwrapped the decorations one by one, and each found our favorite books.

Liz found her beloved elf hat.

Quite a change from just 2 years ago.

I enjoyed looking through Take Joy by Tasha Tudor.
Liz and Helen enjoyed looking through Letters from Father Christmas.
I also enjoyed looking through The Medieval Christmas which has some wonderful old traditions in it.

Here's the thumb cookie recipe:

Cream 1/2 lb butter and 1/2 c sugar. Add 2 egg yolks and 1 tsp vanilla. Add 2 c flour. Refrigerate 24 hours (although I only did for an hour), roll in balls, press down the center, fill with jam.
375 for 10 minutes. Pretty simple recipe!

sarah  – (December 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM)  

Your girl really is getting grown up! And I see the black-stockings-under-denim-shorts trend is not just in our country. Strangest thing, but I guess they like it, because they all do it. :-)

Francesca  – (December 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM)  

I have a copy of Take Joy under my bed, waiting for Christmas...it is supposed to be a present from my husband to myself...

Casey  – (December 10, 2011 at 6:11 AM)  

I have Take Joy sitting next to my chair and the DVD in the DVD player. The Medieval Christmas looks wonderful - I'm off to check that one out.

Frieda  – (December 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM)  

I love Tasha Tudor books and Take Joy is my favorite!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP