Autumn Weekends: Racing on New Hampshire Rivers

Helen joined the Upper Valley Rowing Foundation junior crew team this fall. In the fall they do long-distance rowing. This was quite different from the sprint races in the spring. The head races were 3 miles long.

This day of racing in Concord was gorgeous. She's in the front (or back) depending on your perspective.

She absolutely loves to row. I confess I look forward to when she has her driver's license and can get herself to the 5:30 a.m. practices :)

Quiltin' Mama  – (October 26, 2011 at 11:06 PM)  

My husband was on Crew in College at WPI as a coxswain. We love to see young folks get involved in such a great sport!
My 17 y/o girl has no interest in driving- a little scared, my 15 y/o cannot wait!!!!!( boy) I will be very happy to have a driver and also more worry I am sure. All part of the journey. We will do a Haunted tour of Genesee Country Museum this Friday night. Spookiness in the 1800's - fun!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP