One thing leads to another

You know that book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?" That was me earlier this week. I was heading out to a teacher institute and wanted to bring some knitting.

But....before I could start something new, I wanted to finish my hat.

In order to finish my hat, I had to find some size 8, double-pointed needles.
In looking for the needles, I discovered the basket of needles had dumped all over the floor of the closet.
Really, who keeps needles in a basket?

So. I gathered up all the circulars and sundries and put them in this tin.
Then decided to make a needle-case.

In order to make a needle-case, I had to descend into my messy stash cupboard to find some fabric.

Folded (and found) some fabric, but then found patterns everywhere.
Organized them into this box.

Needed thread for the project. Found spools of thread spread all over the house.
Gathered them all into a sensible tub.

In doing so, my sewing basket demanded attention.

It then contained just what I needed to make my needle-case.

Finished the hat. (sorry no photo).
Facebooked friends for a new pattern.

But then needed yarn for the new project.
Determined not to buy new, I tidied my stash.

Gathered the delightfully organized needles.
Wound the yarn.
Headed off to my program, project in hand, and a very organized craft scene left behind.

Now, if only I could be inspired to do the same in the kitchen...

sarah  – (July 1, 2011 at 4:17 PM)  

I am amazed by your industriousness - not so much the serial tidying, but the fact that you whipped up a needle case AND finished knitting a hat all in one day! It would take me two weeks to ponder the needle case, and two days (and much grumbling) to make it. ;-)

Tammy  – (July 1, 2011 at 10:23 PM)  

LOL! Oh how I loved reading this. :)

Anonymous –   – (July 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM)  

HA!! Sarah!!!! this is so me...i love seeing that others have the same constant diversions to their goals...i never seem to complete them as well as you did however.

love the solstice post!! happy summer to you. xx

Unknown  – (July 4, 2011 at 6:23 PM)  

Your post made me smile. My husband always says if I want to rebuild the garage I have to clean out the basement first. Well, it puts a stop to that thought fast. But you on the other hand, just kept going and organizing and finishing! Bravo!

Donna  – (July 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM)  

Isn't it funny how one thing leads to another? You were very productive! I love the needle case :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP