Teaching History








I have also been busy with hands-on-history this spring. Recently I took a group of teachers to Plimoth Plantation. We had been studying early exploration and I wanted them to jump from our book discussions to real life. Here we are on the Mayflower's tender getting ready to row about Plymouth Harbor. I'm in the front in the blue jacket.




We managed to not hit any pleasure boats in the harbor!

We used a windlass to hoist a barrell on the Mayflower.

We got to eat ship's food--prunes, hard tack, salt pork, and candied ginger.

But the big part? Spending the night on the Mayflower. What an experience.

The next week found me out in the cemetery with artists and kids learning what historians can find in a cemetery.

Great Job I Have!!

sarah  – (May 31, 2011 at 5:46 PM)  

This is so cool. You do have a great job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP