Spring Concert

Last weekend Elizabeth was in the Green Mountain Youth Symphony spring concert. It was a gala affair with performances at two different opera houses.

Here she is during the warm-up (front right)
When she walked out onstage I didn't recognize her because someone had french-braided her hair.

She had the most fantastic weekend. Her photo was in the paper, she got to play some really difficult music that she had practiced for hours and hours, and she had a lot of fun downtime with the kids in the orchestra. People have told me over the years how wonderful being in a symphony can be. I get it now.

Her orchestra has been invited to be the North American representative to Eurorchestries, a European festival to be held in Quebec City this summer.

Here is Liz performing a medley from Harry Potter.



Spring is such a busy time for us. Coming up are concerts, a sixth-grade play (Robin Hood), crew regattas (every weekend), a knighting ceremony, and a May Fair.

sarah  – (April 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM)  

What a wonderful experience for her. Wow. And you have so much coming up too - one of the benefits of being in school, and especially a school as fabulous as yours (I have always been envious of it, I must admit!) Please blog lots about it so I can live vicariously through you :-)

Dawn  – (April 14, 2011 at 5:58 PM)  

How exciting! I imagine that that must have been a proud moment for all of you. I love the new blog header. :)

Susan @ Home Hum  – (April 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM)  

Wow!!! Oh, the music was so lovely--and what a wonderful experience to play in two beautiful opera houses!--I can see why their orchestra was invited to attend Eurorchestries.

Both of your daughters are becoming very accomplished young women. You're doing a great job, Sarah!

Enjoy all of the upcoming events this spring :-)

queen of the castle  – (April 15, 2011 at 11:50 AM)  

Brings back youth symphony memories! What a wonderful experience for her and for you all!

Lovely World  – (April 26, 2011 at 10:08 AM)  

I am so impressed. I listened to the video. My 7-year-old son started violin this year. He didn't practice much at first, but then we worked out a plan, and now he practices every day, if only for 15 minutes. I have seen vast improvements! And, I think he enjoys it more and more. Instilling a love of music, and the ability to PLAY music (on whatever instrument they choose) has been important to me as a parent. I play the flute, but wish I had attended better to the piano when I was young. Sometimes I think of taking piano lessons now.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP