Michaelmas!

We celebrated Michaelmas a little late due to a big storm.
It was a glorious autumn day, filled with music and pageantry.
Lou is now one of the big kids--everywhere at once with the music.

There were sweet little gnomes forging St. George's sword.
Sniff, both my girls once wore those hats!

And, of course, a tamed dragon.

We all gathered after the pageant for pizza baked in the dragon oven.

This season of Michaelmas is dear to me. Somehow, my inner dragons are more apparent to me this year. I see myself wrestling with them throughout the season. It's a good thing, for I know that I will embrace the time when inner lights brighten and spiral inward even more sweetly.

sarah  – (October 7, 2010 at 3:58 PM)  

It's funny how, although we are in the opposite season, Michaelmas always seems appropriate to me at this time of the year down here! It's a wonderful holiday, and I see as usual you celebrated it beautifully.

Susan  – (October 7, 2010 at 8:33 PM)  

Ooooo, what a beautiful tradition! I know what you mean about wrestling with your inner dragons this time of year. I love the beauty of autumn, but the transition to shorter, darker days is not easy for me.

Dawn  – (October 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM)  

I love this season as well. Those little "gnomes" look very sweet in their red hats.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP