The Hills are Allive....

Helen went on my dream field trip today with her German class.....

She met Rosemarie and Johannes von Trapp and heard the story of their lives --how the family fled Austria, life in Vermont, all about their music.

Rosemarie von Trapp

Then they hiked up to the chapel Werner built in thanksgiving for coming back from WW II safely.

Finally, they sat down to an Austrian meal with some of the *very* handsome Swiss kitchen staff who conversed with them in German :)

Now that's a field trip.

sarah  – (June 3, 2010 at 8:16 PM)  

wow, that is really amazing! I'd love to go on a field trip like that myself! :-)

Anonymous –   – (June 3, 2010 at 8:37 PM)  

This is a test. I hear that it has been difficult to comment on my blog. I hope I fixed it. Let me know! Sarah

queen of the castle  – (June 3, 2010 at 10:27 PM)  

Wow! I have been meaning to put their books on our read aloud list. I hear they are quite inspirational.

kristin  – (June 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM)  

sounds like my dream field trip too...what a wonderful opportunity for Helen

Jen  – (June 4, 2010 at 12:53 AM)  

WOW! How increadible - surely something she will never, ever forget :D Amazing!

softearthart  – (June 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM)  

WOW!!! It certainly was, cheers Marie

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte  – (June 5, 2010 at 11:28 AM)  

My kind of story. Thanks for the post-HEIDI

Dawn  – (June 5, 2010 at 3:59 PM)  

That sounds like a very fun field trip! That fruit tart looks delicious.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP