A Pot of Tea

What to do after a tough day at school?
Bake warm cookies and serve tea.

Make it a production, complete with a teapot.

Sit and *be* while the homework gets finished
and the stresses fall away.

I'm serving a lot of tea and baking a lot of cookies these days to help Helen who is going through a bit of a rough spot at school.

Pussnae  – (November 10, 2009 at 5:09 PM)  

She's lucky to have you to come home to! A pot of tea always does the trick-and a cookie to go with it.

sarah  – (November 10, 2009 at 5:36 PM)  

I'm sorry to hear that she's going through this rough patch. I hope it sorts itself out soon. Nothing beats tea and cookies for relieving stress! And a loving mama at home to prepare them.

Dawn  – (November 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM)  

I love your tea set. Tea seems to make everything a little better. How nice to make it such a special family time.

Cadi  – (November 10, 2009 at 8:44 PM)  

Yes, so helpful - a cup of tea & cookies. It has helped my children with rough spots, too... when school just seems oh so too much. Once - quite a while ago when we still lived in Chicago - I had purchased a box of Yogi Tea. They had just changed the labels and I wasn't really paying attention. After the 2nd pot of tea the children commented on how it seemed to taste different, that it wasn't the regular kind. I insisted, but double-checked. Sure enough! I had picked up a box of "Get Regular" - lol - Thank goodness it ended up hitting us all at different times... :-)

Lisa Anne  – (November 10, 2009 at 9:16 PM)  

They are lucky to have a warm, nurturing place to decompress. I know nothing soothes like a cup of tea and a few cookies.

Anonymous –   – (November 10, 2009 at 9:50 PM)  

13 wasn't my favorite time in school either. One thing I wish I'd realized was that that time was such a short time in my overall life and that the people and things that seemed all important really weren't. But it's so easy to say that now and I'm not sure I could have imagined it then. :) Keep Your Chin Up Helen. Hugs,

Joyce
Colorado

em  – (November 11, 2009 at 4:00 AM)  

Reminds me of how my mother met me by the bus, years ago when I came home from school. We went home to have tea and listen to music before I started my homework. There certainly were rough spots that would have been close to unbearable without this ritual.
Margaretha

Apron Thrift Girl  – (November 11, 2009 at 12:25 PM)  

So sorry to hear about Helen. We had lots of rough patches last year. She was 8 going on 9. This year we seemed to have to turned a corner and she is settling in. what a lovely tradition of making cookies with tea.

Quiltin' Mama  – (November 11, 2009 at 5:42 PM)  

Ahh- the just 'being" it is always hard for me. . . . invisible time. . . but oh so very worth it.
Tea and cookies always help to stir up conversation here at Chestnut Hill.

5orangepotatoes  – (November 15, 2009 at 10:17 AM)  

What a wonderful mama and way to help! Tea is such a great way to calm the nerves.

love the gorgeous tea set!

lisa

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP