Happy Vernal Equinox

I must say that "Vernal Equinox" feels so much more appropriate than "First Day of Spring" around here. Yesterday on our walk we found a big family of chipmunks scampering on a stonewall at the side of the road-a sign of spring. We ignored the big skunk lying in the road-another sign of spring. Here are Lou and her best friend heading out to give the chipmunks some cracked corn.

While I like to have our table reflect what's going on outside in nature, at this time of year we just need some hope :) We're all in the mud doldrums and need some cheering up.

dawn klinge  – (March 20, 2009 at 9:23 AM)  

Happy Spring to you! Your daffodils look so pretty on your table with the little doll. I hope the flowers outside will come soon for you as well.

Tammy  – (March 20, 2009 at 10:10 AM)  

I hope you will be seeing many more signs of spring SOON. It's really been a long winter for your family! So much snow for such a long period of time.

The daffodils sure do look pretty, though. :)

Anonymous –   – (March 20, 2009 at 1:00 PM)  

Happy vernal equinox to you, too. I'm waiting for my bulbs to start their show here in the Berkshires, but nothing yet!

sarah  – (March 20, 2009 at 3:57 PM)  

I hope Spring gives up it's shyness and comes to be with you.

Anonymous –   – (March 20, 2009 at 5:26 PM)  

Happy Day to you! I agree, hope is necessary this time of year. We have lots of rain right now and it's gloomy today. Cate said to me this morning, "the first day of Winter is a long way away." Ahh yes I said, you're right. She knows me well.

denise  – (March 21, 2009 at 12:53 AM)  

Yeah, it is snowing here. But the *idea* of spring is nice. :)

Lisa Anne  – (March 21, 2009 at 3:23 PM)  

Happy Spring! Not quite here yet either but hope is always worth gathering.

Anonymous –   – (March 24, 2009 at 4:05 PM)  

This time of year is hard. I like to have our nature corner reflect what's outside...which right now is snow patches on dead grass! But we did see some grape hyacinths up at ISU the other day, so that gave me permission to change it to spring stuff.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP