A Bloggy Christmas Gift

This fall I printed one year of posts from my blog as a gift to my family. This was a goal of mine when I began to blog--to provide a record of our days for the girls.

I used scrapbookblogger.com which slurped up my blog into an online editor. It has a pretty clunky editor with limited layout, but it was the only one I could find that would slurp blogger. The quality of the printing and paper is really nice.

I'm glad to have a hard copy of my 2007 posts (with quite a few edits). The girls have enjoyed pouring through it as well. Does it count as a handmade gift? I decided it did and we opened it on Christmas Eve!

Lisa Anne  – (January 14, 2009 at 8:48 PM)  

I made a book last year from my blog for Amelia as sort of a yearbook of her 6th grade homeschooling. I got mine from "blurb"- they also slurp from blogger. We were pretty happy with how it turned out, there is a lot you can do with it. It just depends how much time you want to spend on it. I will do it again at the end of this year too.

sarah  – (January 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM)  

What a great idea. It does look beautifully made.

Tammy  – (January 15, 2009 at 12:42 PM)  

I bookmarked the website to look at....it would be cool to have a hard copy of a blog you wrote at all year long. :)

Anonymous –   – (January 15, 2009 at 2:23 PM)  

This looks great. I'm so looking forward to doing it also at some point.

Anonymous –   – (January 15, 2009 at 8:59 PM)  

Oh my, I will definitely have to check these sites out! What a great memento.

Anonymous –   – (January 15, 2009 at 9:28 PM)  

Darn--Blurb looks very cool but doesn't slurp Wordpress blogs right now. I'm checking out Scrapbookblogger right now -- it seems much less professional (I had to Google "scrapbook blogger help" to find their blog to find out why my posts weren't importing, because there aren't any help pages or FAQs on the site!)

Sarah  – (January 16, 2009 at 6:15 AM)  

Scrapbook blogger is not super-professional. There's no help and it has a clunky layout. I was really worried that my credit card had been taken in a bad way when it didn't work at first and I couldn't find anyone to contact. So, I got the book, it has a very basic layout, it's nice quality paper and printing. But I'm happy to know about blurb and will try them next.

Angela  – (January 16, 2009 at 6:23 AM)  

This is such a great idea! Thank you for the tip!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP