Before and After

2 hours later. 2 garbage bags later. 2 crates of books to the thrift shop later. 1 tub of outgrown clothes later.....

Before: The bookshelf by her bed....


After: (bed still unmade--not my job!)


Before: The Corner of Crap--empty binders "just in case I need one"


After: The corner for listening to books on tape


Before: The Closet--that is all fabric scraps and yarn in there....


After: The Closet

All the fabric in the house is now in one big stash cupboard.

Friends--all found and together again!


WOW does it feel good (to me at any rate). Now we're all inspired to sew after sorting through the fabric stash.

Can you guess which room??? I'll give you a hint: It's not mine.

Mary Beth  – (January 19, 2009 at 11:11 AM)  

Good job, ladies! It looks great. My daughter loved/loves books on tape. Every night for years and years she would listen to her "Harry Potter" tapes while falling asleep. Now she's a Harry Potter trivia expert. I love those dolls.

Linda  – (January 19, 2009 at 11:58 AM)  

Wow, the 'after' photos are awesome!

Tammy  – (January 19, 2009 at 12:06 PM)  

Holy moly...that's quite the transformation. Kind of reminds me of what happened in Katie's room about a year ago. lol!

RunninL8  – (January 19, 2009 at 12:41 PM)  

Hey! How did you get those pics of my daughter's room?!?!? ;)
The before shots, i mean!

Doesn't it feel So GREAT to get rid of the unwanteds, to sterilize, and organized. Space and fluidity. Let the chi flow!

Anonymous –   – (January 19, 2009 at 1:22 PM)  

I LOVE deep cleaning. So satisfying. Of course, I have to be careful not to let it serve as procrastination for other things I should be doing!

sarah  – (January 19, 2009 at 2:16 PM)  

Great work!! How long do you think it will last? In my house, 2 hours of cleaning is usually good for about a week.

Anonymous –   – (January 19, 2009 at 5:24 PM)  

Do I notice some Spring cleaning? already ??

But than again, the satisfaction after this sort of cleaning, is always good, even in Wintertime !

P.S. this must be Hels room, right?

dawn klinge  – (January 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM)  

My daughter's room looks like those before pictures more often than not. ;) Great job...that does feel great to accomplish something like that.

BB  – (January 19, 2009 at 6:57 PM)  

Thanks for sharing the "Before" photos with us! It makes me feel so much better that we are not the only ones with those deep, dark secrets. :)
Funny enough, I also feel the urge to tackle those corners right now. Must be the new year.

Mrs. Darling  – (January 20, 2009 at 4:49 AM)  

After pics look fantastic. You really worked hard! :)

Sarah  – (January 20, 2009 at 9:28 AM)  

Wow, it must have felt SO GOOD to get all that accomplished. I'm inspired to do the same for my son's room. Even though he and his dad built new shelves over Christmas to handle the miniature soldier surplus, the corners are still crying for help!

Anonymous –   – (January 20, 2009 at 5:05 PM)  

Aaaaahhh! Sigh of relief.

We have far too many corners and shelves like that in our house.

Lisa Anne  – (January 21, 2009 at 3:10 PM)  

Now that I am back from my travels and getting ready to have guests- TOMORROW!- there is a lot of that going on. But for now I am procrastinating...:)

Anonymous –   – (January 22, 2009 at 9:24 PM)  

Wow... you worked hard! I need to do that. Bet you feel wonderful now; free, creative, open. Also love those dolls, especially the little green gnome.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP