Christmas in my kitchen

The Christmas decorations are slowly coming out this week. We'll do our tree this weekend. I love decorating my kitchen and it's just a little different each year. We made those little reindeer on the windowsill one year at a basketmaker's studio. I love them and really wish I could remember how to make them. The trees are cut-out cardboard.


A friend gave me this gingerbread cookie as a "thank you" for the Winter Fair cafe work we all did. She had made them for all the windows in Hels' classroom. It was quite lovely (and smelled good too!).


My grandmother would give us a stocking with a Hershey's kiss in it every year. Usually she knit or sewed them. The one on the left is from reindeer fur which fascinates the girls. I have quite a few of them and love hanging them in the doorway.


I discovered these sweet stockings when helping to clean out her house. I need to get them strung up as well.


How do you decorate your kitchen at Christmas?

dawn klinge  – (December 10, 2008 at 5:06 PM)  

You sure have a pretty view from your windows. I love the way you have decorated your kitchen for Christmas. My kitchen is so small, but I have got a few drawings on my 'fridge made by my very favorite artists. ;)

denise  – (December 10, 2008 at 5:39 PM)  

What a beautiful view from your windows!

We have such a tiny kitchen and no window out (the whole new urbanism hoop-de-hoo, but it still makes no sense to me). I do have red lights across the top of the cabinets. But there is just not any room for anything else...it is SMALL! :)

Looks like a warm and comfy spot in your house.

Lisa Anne  – (December 10, 2008 at 6:24 PM)  

Our kitchen is big and open, so it is our dining room also. We have little bits of Christmas everywhere; a beeswax ornament hanging in the kitchen over my sink, our advent centerpiece on our dining table, a wall with our advent calendar and some paintings that we have been doing this month, and I have been dragging in greenery after my walk each day. We don't put up our tree until the 23rd and usually decorate it on the 24th and then we light it each of the holy nights, but I went through all my ornaments today and I'm feeling like I want it up sooner!

Mrs. Darling  – (December 10, 2008 at 9:48 PM)  

I love seeing how people decorate. When you get your tree up add it to my Mr Linky for all to see.

I just started decorating my kitchen today so I will have pics of it up soon. I too love that view out your window. Those reindeer are so cute.

I love the idea your grandmother had. I need to start doing something like that with my grandkids.

Suzanne  – (December 10, 2008 at 10:19 PM)  

Oh no, you have reminded me to get in gear and get the decorating done:-) How bout coming down to do it, you did a great job in your home . I trust ya...LOL!

Anonymous –   – (December 10, 2008 at 11:20 PM)  

I have always been so jealous of your kitchen! We're in an apartment with a little galley kitchen, so we have to decorate elsewhere. Though there will be art on our fridge too! We did make a really long paper chain that I hung up on a beam that separates the kitchen/dining area from the living room, so that's the barest beginning of our festive look. I think we're getting our tree this weekend, so things will perk right up shortly :-)

Angela  – (December 11, 2008 at 7:23 AM)  

How lovely! I don't do much in the kitchen, except for a miniature table top tree with mini kichen utensil ornaments. I love how yours looks!

Linda  – (December 11, 2008 at 12:15 PM)  

Your kitchen looks absolutely lovely! And the snow, wow you are so lucky, it is so hot down here in South Africa...

RunninL8  – (December 11, 2008 at 12:20 PM)  

I love the teeny stockings!!!!
Our kitchen and living room are combined into one big "great room" so it all gets decorated. The kitchen mostly has lights and yummy smelling hanging things!

woolladyfelter  – (December 11, 2008 at 1:23 PM)  

I decorate my sunroom and living room - Kitchen get the christmas towels and cookies. Yum...

Suse  – (December 11, 2008 at 9:18 PM)  

I don't decorate our kitchen per se, but we do decorate the lounge room, with the tree, a chain of angels strung across the mantelpiece, little soft trees and the advent calendar atop the mantelpiece, my mum's embroidered picture of Saint Nick on the wall, and the nativity over on top of the tv cupboard, um I mean nature table.

I'm sure you've seen it before a thousand times on my blog each Christmas.

Those little linen stockings from your grandmother are absolutely delightful.

Jenny  – (December 12, 2008 at 3:01 PM)  

I love the gingerbread heart.We are putting our tree up this weekend too.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP