Works in Progress

It has continued to be quiet at In these hills. We've had a lot of company and a lot of work obligations. We have quite a number of projects in progress right now. Due to the many family members now reading this blog, I'll have to just show snippets and reveal the items in January.




Some of the projects involve knives, planes, drills and wood.... hmm. Very mysterious.













This knitting project is copied from a 17th century pattern and that's all I can say....


This knitting project is just about completed after...oh...a year... I'm not fond of knitting in the summer.

And finally, I discovered this needle-felted sleigh in progress. Hels still needs to add Santa, but isn't sure how to do it yet.


Tonight is Martinmas. We're working on a couple of warm sewing projects for charity and we're planning our first evening with no electric lights with a meal adapted from the traditional goose and nouveau beaujolais....chicken and cabernet! Cheers!

dawn klinge  – (November 11, 2008 at 9:14 PM)  

It sounds like it's going to be an enjoyable, candlelit evening at your house. That meal sounds ambitious, but I'm sure it will be very good.

We made those Martinmas lanterns that you showed on your blog a while ago...thanks for sharing how to do that, we had fun.

Anonymous –   – (November 11, 2008 at 10:48 PM)  

I have a hard time knitting in the summer too! I wish I could share some of the things I've been making, but certain relatives might peek at my blog...

Anonymous –   – (November 11, 2008 at 11:30 PM)  

Dinner always tastes better by candlelight! enjoy!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP