Our moment


Yesterday we got up early and, as a family, went to our town hall and cast our vote. Lou and Hels watched as we cast our ballots for change, healing, and the future.

President-elect Obama's acceptance speech was so inspirational. He's right. This is our chance. This is our moment. Now it's time to show our children that the change we so seek must come from all of us. Everywhere. Now I have even more hope.

Cadi  – (November 5, 2008 at 6:29 AM)  

Sarah -

We just had the luxury of the TV thing because we are still staying with a family until we move in to our house THIS WEEKEND. Yay.

So, it was indeed a very special treat all around for Noah & Nate.

A moment of history...

World Wide Alternative  – (November 5, 2008 at 6:40 AM)  

CONGRATULATIONS!
Such an exciting time for all of us! XXxx

Tammy  – (November 5, 2008 at 8:22 AM)  

For the first time in a very long time I feel hope for our country. I am thankful, humble, filled with inspiration, and will have a smile on my face all day long. :)

dawn klinge  – (November 5, 2008 at 9:32 AM)  

What an amazing day that was yesterday!

Teaching Handwork  – (November 5, 2008 at 9:57 AM)  

I'm in heave.....so in heave....THANK GOD!

Lisa Anne  – (November 5, 2008 at 12:08 PM)  

It feels like a world wide sigh of relief.

Lovey  – (November 5, 2008 at 12:35 PM)  

Is the sun shining brighter today? I feel as though a tremendous weight has been lifted. Oh, happy day!

Sarah  – (November 5, 2008 at 12:50 PM)  

Maybe this is being a presumptuous American, but I really do feel like the world is lighter. I am feeling so inspired ... everyone was smiling at school, jumping up and down, giving each other hugs. I've never really experienced anything like it.

Pecos Blue  – (November 5, 2008 at 1:03 PM)  

It was so great to hear him speak of our children and the future. I think we do not think about what we are leaving them enough!

* *  – (November 5, 2008 at 9:03 PM)  

What a joy reading all of these comments! I also feel such HOPE! : )

Anonymous –   – (November 5, 2008 at 11:40 PM)  

I wonder if voter turnout will continue to be high since young people were so involved and inspired this time? Even my little kids were interested in what was going on, and we took my son with us to vote.

Anonymous –   – (November 6, 2008 at 12:03 AM)  

my girls watched for the tears to come as we listened to the acceptance speech.

they watched debates, they talked to their friends, they went to the voting station with me, they stayed up to watch the returns.

but they are not yet old enough to know about the release of anger and the return of hope.

Tammy  – (November 6, 2008 at 10:02 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP