Summer's End


We spent last week at my Mother's lake house in New Hampshire with grandparents and cousins enjoying the final days of summer. Here are some scenes.

Long days in the water--ferrying a snack out to the raft.


Two cousins finally old enough to canoe away from shore off to their own adventures.



Another new solo boater but not allowed to go off with the big kids yet!


Woodburning with a magnifying glass.

Reading ancient issues of Mad Magazine.

A few rounds of Candy-Land.

Blueberry picking


20 pints are now tucked away in my freezer for winter. Thanks to my nephew for many great blueberry photos!

Three generations canning tomatoes together--9 quarts are on my basement shelves.

The rafts and docks are now put away, the kayaks and canoes are tucked in the boathouse (but available for an autumn paddle), and the porch rockers sway in the breeze as the season turns.

It's been a great summer!

dawn klinge  – (September 1, 2008 at 1:22 PM)  

You take such lovely photos! I especially love the one showing the canning. Your week with family looks like a great end to the season.

sarah  – (September 1, 2008 at 5:06 PM)  

Glorious pictures - I can imagine being there. Mad Max comics and blueberries - oh what a perfect way to finish summer!!

Tammy  – (September 1, 2008 at 7:44 PM)  

It looks like a very nice way to end the summer. And how fun to can with 3 generations of family!

denise  – (September 1, 2008 at 11:56 PM)  

Great photos! SOunds like a wonderful way to end the summer, indeed.

Lisa Anne  – (September 2, 2008 at 7:19 AM)  

You have had the best summer moments ever. I thought the week in Maine was to beat all, but a week with family at the lake and blueberry picking and canning, that's the tops!
I hope to find some time to enjoy the last bits of summer.

Grace  – (September 2, 2008 at 1:34 PM)  

Oh my goodness, it looks like such fun! I'm not quite ready to bid farewell to summer yet ... I feel like I have unfinished busniness there. But it may just bid farewell to me first!

Yarrow  – (September 2, 2008 at 1:58 PM)  

What a fantastic end to summer. Looks like so much fun. Blessings.

RunninL8  – (September 2, 2008 at 7:03 PM)  

What a wonderful summers end! Such great pics, too.
i just love lake life! Did yours have loons? Besides the humans?!?!? Ha!
We're hoping to purchase some land on a lake in the near future.

Maymomvt  – (September 2, 2008 at 7:28 PM)  

Yes there is a pair of loons in residence on the lake. I love listening to them.

Suzanne  – (September 2, 2008 at 8:46 PM)  

You had a great get away, glad you had such a wonderful time. I just love NH!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP