day in my life

Another month has passed and it's time for a day in my life.
This one is pretty typical of my summer schedule--work at home in the morning and leave the children to their own devices :) The benign neglect method of parenting.

Got up at 4:45 a.m. There was a cool, gentle rain falling. I read my book—a sappy page-turner novel.

7:30 a.m. Started Laundry. Kissed the girls (who were reading in bed) and left for physical therapy for my knee which has me hobbling about right now.

8:45 a.m. Stopped by school to check on the 3rd grade garden. It's our week to water and weed. Forgot to bring my camera!

I worked the rest of the morning reviewing a history video game being developed as part of a PBS project. Hels enjoyed this as she got to play. Kept the laundry going.


Noon--stopped for lunch. Ate a leftover concoction of kale, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and cheese. It was very yummy. Went to the children's new home. They no longer live with us, but here now:


Some of the neighbors have got to be wondering--the hammering goes on all day. The treehouse is encased in polka dot fabric with rugs, wallpaper, and room dividers. Tossed some food up. Laundry check.

1:00 sent Lou and her friend up the hill to the friend's home while Hels and I went to one of our favorite stores:

King Arthur Flour's massive Baker's Store is near us. I have borrowed an embarrassing amount of various baking supplies from my neighbor over the past few months, so I went to re-stock my pantry and get her a gift card.


Hels and I stopped at the library on the way home. We are flying through books right now and can't keep enough on the shelves at home. Ran into a neighbor while at the library. Explained the hammering noises.

3:00 Came home. Lou and friend reappear to play a game of Life. Hels and I enjoy our library books. Visit on the phone with a friend.

4:00 Tidy the house and run the dishwasher. Final laundry.

5:00 Neighbor drops by to see Hels' handwork from camp (gotta post about that). We have a short visit. Help Lou practice her violin--should have done it in the morning. She's tired.

7:30 Dinner--grilled pork tenderloin, rice, bok choy

8:00 Help Lou with a bath and read with her. We finished Alice in Wonderland.

9:00 Snuggled with Hels and listened to the Veery as she fell asleep.

Tara  – (July 15, 2008 at 7:30 AM)  

Busy, busy day! I love the sweet bird shot at the end. Hope that knee is on the mend soon.

A happy heart at home  – (July 15, 2008 at 8:29 AM)  

I hope your knee is better soon. I enjoyed reading about your day. I've posted mine, too.

~Susan

woolladyfelter  – (July 15, 2008 at 8:32 AM)  

Sounds like a nice day - good weather too. I want to start a tree house with my boys. Looks lovely.

Suzanne  – (July 15, 2008 at 8:39 AM)  

Nice day:-) Hope that knee heals quickly.

dawn klinge  – (July 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM)  

I enjoyed reading about your day. Sorry to hear your knee has been giving you trouble. My daughter has been playing that Life game quite a lot lately. She would probably love playing with your daughters.

Lisa Anne  – (July 15, 2008 at 8:31 PM)  

SOunds like a great day, our days are full as well, and especially happy with friends visiting form Ann Arbor.

Anonymous –   – (July 15, 2008 at 9:58 PM)  

I had to laugh at your description of throwing food up into the tree house! How wonderful that they love it so much.

I've had lots of knee trouble in my life...it's hard to get things done when you're hobbling. Hope it mends soon.

Quinne  – (July 16, 2008 at 12:28 AM)  

Hi Sarah :) What a lovely day! My sweeties and I are great book lovers, too. Blessings, Q

Dulce Domum  – (July 16, 2008 at 5:20 AM)  

Why are leftovers so often the nicest lunches? I hope your leg heals quickly...oh and I use that vanilla you bought at th baking shop, it's really good stuff!

I enjoyed reading about your day!

Anonymous –   – (July 16, 2008 at 11:01 AM)  

What a lovelgy day.. and to live near King Arthur's... yummm.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP