Keep me away from scissors

Yesterday, Lou was one of the wicked step-sisters in Cinderella. Lou does the wicked thing really well on stage, and she was great yesterday. She also played the violin for the ballroom dance scene. She learned a song and played with the 5th graders. I was quite proud of her initiative until I found out that the reason she wanted to play violin was so she didn't have to dance with one of the boys :)

Yesterday morning I took a look at her hair and asked her if she'd like me to trim her bangs. She had cut her own little set of bangs last summer and FINALLY they were growing out....but a mess and in her eyes which was annoying her violin teacher.

Well, I took the scissors and made a bigger mess. The poor thing was so upset. A disaster right before being on stage. We skipped the beginning of school and went to the hair dresser. Now she has even more bangs, but straight at least.

WHAT WAS I THINKING? I have a bad reputation with cutting hair. Here is Hels' first haircut. I cut her bangs from ear to ear. It took years to grow them out. She's smart. She won't let me even touch up her split ends.

I know Lou's will grow out, but now it's going to be harder and take longer. I swear I will NEVER cut my children's hair again.

dawn klinge  – (May 9, 2008 at 12:48 PM)  

Well she looks awfully cute in that picture...I love her costume. How funny about playing the violin to avoid dancing with a boy :)

Lisa Anne  – (May 9, 2008 at 2:03 PM)  

That is a great haircut (Lou's not Hels'). Amazing that she played her violin with the older kids, but too funny about the boy, sounds like something Amelia would do, (even now, she swears she will be the last of her friends to be interested in boys, she is thinking about being a pirate and living on a boat without any men!) I was never into the opposite sex until I was about 19!

Tara  – (May 9, 2008 at 4:58 PM)  

Lou looks great and I love her creative thinking regarding the bit about weaseling out of dancing with the boys. Tess is crazy about swing music and dancing but is fighting me on taking lessons because she will have to *gasp!* touch a boy! One day, sooner than I'd like, I imagine, she'll get over that.

Angela  – (May 9, 2008 at 5:38 PM)  

I think she did a great job! I have a funny story. I did a number on Reagan's hair when she was about ten, and the whole family made me sign a contract to never try to cut anyone's hair again!

sarah  – (May 9, 2008 at 6:01 PM)  

Congratulations to Lou for her performance.

I do all the haircutting in our family. I've cut my own hair for years. Only once have I done a truly terrible horrendous job, and the results will probably scar me emotionally for years, lol!

Henitsirk  – (May 9, 2008 at 8:58 PM)  

I'm always trying to trim my kids' bangs, but I won't ever try to really cut all of their hair. I know my limits! The good thing is, it always grows out.

Cadi  – (May 11, 2008 at 11:12 PM)  

Awwwww. What an adorable picture. It is so wonderful that she played the violin! I love those type of special touches in plays.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP