Back from Florida

We made it back from Florida on Friday. We stayed with N's parents and had a delightful time exploring the area with them. We had the somewhat surreal experience of meeting one of Helen's classmates at the airport, seeing a local family biking on Sanibel, and discovering a photo of one of Lou's old preschool classmates in the newspaper. Seems like half of Vermont was on the island.

We took a wildlife tour where we saw everything from tri-colored herons to manatees. We also kayaked in a mangrove forest. Of course we spent time on the beach and we plowed through an astonishing number of books--the highlight for me was People of the Book.





We arrived home to find our road graded, the snow gone, 70+ degree weather, and some daffodils about to bloom. It was perfect timing.

Lisa Anne  – (April 20, 2008 at 12:10 PM)  

Welcome back from Florida, its funny to run into someone you know when you are far from home! Sounds like a great trip. I didn't get to have a vacation this year, but Amelia will be coming home tomorrow from Florida.
We have 80 degree weather while she was gone, so she has nothing to brag about!

Maureen Reynolds  – (April 20, 2008 at 1:37 PM)  

Great chalk painting. looks like a police sketch of a doa.

Anonymous –   – (April 20, 2008 at 2:04 PM)  

Welcome home! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. I like the new banner!

dawn klinge  – (April 20, 2008 at 2:52 PM)  

Welcome back :) I like your new banner also. It sounds like a wonderful vacation. I enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading about it.

sarah  – (April 20, 2008 at 4:39 PM)  

You are lucky to get so many comments that some of them are viruses, lol!

Welcome back :-) It looks like you had a wonderful trip. I'm sure my dd would have loved it. And it sounds like you had a wonderful arrival home too!

Sue  – (April 20, 2008 at 8:04 PM)  

Welcome back, Sarah! It sounds like you had a great trip. Isn't it the weirdest feeling to see a someone you know when you are miles and miles away from home?

I LOVE the new photo header.

I have People of the Book on my "soon to read" shelf. Geraldine Brooks is one of my favorite authors. Have you read her other works of fiction: Year of Wonders and March? They were both fantastic.

Tara  – (April 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM)  

Glad you had a good trip. We love taking time to observe the different surroundings and creatures each time we go to Florida... which will be in ten more days. (Not like I'm counting or anything, LOL)
I've been getting those nutty viral links too. I haven't clicked. Anything that looks suspicious just gets deleted.

Maymomvt  – (April 21, 2008 at 5:28 AM)  

Susan--I loved "Year of Wonders" and had trouble reading "March" which I am going to try again.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP