Sweater Hats

One day last week H stayed home with a cold. She disappeared into her room for most of the afternoon listening to a book on tape. She emerged wearing this hat. Sweater hats are a fun and popular craft at our house. Here is a hat E made last winter when we were away at our lake house having a weekend of "sweatering." The buttons on the front of hers make a flower.



I often buy old wool sweaters at the thrift shop and then run them through the laundry on hot. My stash is actually getting a little low (see how tidy and well-kept it is? I dumped it all out of a grocery bag to take the photo).


It has been raided to make gnomes, bags, slippers, and this little doll.

Anonymous –   – (September 24, 2007 at 1:47 PM)  

Hi,
I also have a "tidy" stash like that .haha....

Those sweater hats are fabulous !! great idea ! Ooh but I like the little sweet doll. she's a real sweetie

Sue  – (September 27, 2007 at 12:09 AM)  

Hello Sarah!

What a darling doll! I've missed reading your blog (I took the summer off from the computer)...I so enjoy your posts. Your children are very lucky; you are creating warm and wonderful childhood memories.

Susan (aka Sparrow)

Anonymous –   – (October 8, 2007 at 8:46 PM)  

that doll is just so precious!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP