Another College Tour

We continued our college search with Helen this week by touring University of Vermont. We are so lucky to live in a state with such a great university (even if it is still pretty expensive for in-state students--I guess that's what you get for living in a small state).

The campus is just beautiful with a combination of older buildings such as these which house the College of Arts and Sciences--Helen's choice--


--and new buildings such as the student center.  


UVM takes great pride in its environmentally friendly policies (such as no bottled water for sale anymore) and these energy-efficient dorms/learning communities are just one example. We saw also saw solar-powered buildings and internal bio-microbiotic water systems for buildings.


UVM sits on Lake Champlain and has a club crew team--a big plus for Helen.


The views are just gorgeous. To the west lies Lake Champlain and the Adirondacks and to the east lie the Green Mountains.  


I firmly believe that college touring needs to be fun.  While I enjoy poking my nose in all the buildings and looking at the architecture, the girls just don't.  So we combined our tour with a bit of fun in Burlington including lunch at the Skinny Pancake--a favorite.


I am pretty sure Helen will apply to UVM!

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte  – (February 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM)  

Is that her chosen college? My how quickly they seem to have grown.

sarah  – (February 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM)  

That looks like a beautiful university, it would be such a pleasure and an honour to study there.

Quiltin' Mama  – (February 22, 2013 at 5:42 PM)  

It looks so pretty, it was on my daughters wish list .. . . I don't think it will be on the next in lines - tech , engineering and smaller . . . I need to get the touring started!

Lovely World  – (February 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM)  

Hi Sarah,
It has been nice to read your comments! I have been peeking in at your blog. Amazing to have a child heading towards college. My oldest just started 7th grade (which was a switch to a new school). I recently found myself calculating how much I could start saving per month into a college fund. Nothing seems enough! My friend's son just got accepted to UVM. Not sure where he will choose, but Vermont would be a nice spot for him.
Maribeth

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP