2012 in Recipes

Helen made this for some Christmas gifts and it was inhaled.


We used the slow cooker a lot this year. I am constantly on the lookout for slow cooker recipes that don't use canned soup. I wish there was a website devoted to whole foods slow cooking. Here are 3 new and well-liked recipes from 2012.

Slow Cooker White Bean and Chicken Chili

Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork

Slow Cooker Beef Stew


We all adore these oatmeal muffins. The chopped pecans on top are great.




These cookies are so good, but I changed the recipe. I substituted a cup of our homemade maple oat granola for a cup of the oatmeal. I swapped out the raisins for dried cranberries.

I got this cookbook to enjoy while on vacation.  I don't use a lot of cookbooks anymore and rarely buy them, but this one was both a good read and had recipes that the kids enjoyed including pulled pork and swedish meatballs. I also enjoy her blog.


I know we tried other recipes this year, but these are the ones I have bookmarked as ones to add to the regular rotation!


Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP