Granny Square Sampler Crochet Along

For two months now I have been watching the posts from Blair about her granny square sampler pile up in my inbox every Friday. I only learned to crochet last year and thought this might be a way to slowly work my way through some crochet basics.


Last week I got inspired and just dug in. The first day I had to follow her videos very. very. slowly until I finally got what I was doing. Since then I've been churning out the squares. I've almost been able to complete a week's assignment every day! Here's what I've got so far:

I'm only 4 weeks behind now! This is a very fun project.

renee ~ heirloom seasons  – (July 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM)  

How exciting, and pretty. I did not know this was going on, but it is inspiring. I actually had to dust my granny squares yesterday, they have been collecting dust, but I will return to them soon. My afghan will be simple but I do love the variety in the granny square samplers, I have that book/pattern that inspired Blair, it is neat.
I wish I could join in. Have fun with your squares!
Renee :)

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte  – (July 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM)  

That you can do this in the heat of summer is cool. Your ambition is admirable. I used to crochet but gave it up because of my health.

Quiltin' Mama  – (August 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM)  

Awesome. I tried to reteach myself and what I created was pretty but not what I was really supposed to create. Work in progress . . .

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP